Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hola de Antofagasta

Bienvenidos a mi blog. Llegue en antofagasta tres dias en el pasado y me encanta aqui!



But seriously though: my hope is to be fluent in Spanish by the time my contract is up in one year. Pienso que es posible pero la lingua "Chileano" es mas dificil que espanol. The locals here can hold entire conversations in nothing but slang and faster than I can say "que?". We will see where I get but I think that I am off to a strong start. The people here are very helpful when it comes to asking questions and explaining the meaning of particular words. In fact, everyone I have interrogated has answered me with a smile, including random drivebys on the street. Even the homeless people are nice, as long as you give them some change...

Mi apartamiento es un poco pequeno pero esta bien por ahora. Tal vez en un mes voy a encontrar una otra llugar mas cerca del mar. But for now I am a street away from the ocean, have a view of the mountains, and don't have to listen to traffic.
What's funding the adventure you ask? A local desalination company is sponsoring a work abroad program. I will have to provide more details in the weeks to come but for now just know that this is my walk to work every day:

No comments:

Post a Comment